Haifa's deep understanding in cucumber plant nutrition is fully exploited in this comprehensive crop guide.
Here is a sample of the crop nutrition information you can find in this guide:
- The optimum time to introduce hives into the field is when approximately 25% of the plants are beginning to flower.
- The cucumber grows best under conditions of high temperature, humidity, and light intensity and with an uninterrupted supply of water and nutrients.
- Air temperature is the main environmental component influencing vegetative growth, flower initiation, fruit growth, and fruit quality.
- Close spacing increases yields, provides more uniform maturity and reduces weed problems. It also results in shorter fruit with a lighter color.
- Numerous studies have showed a linear decrease in the yields of cucumbers as the salt concentration of the irrigation water increased.
- Crop yields are highly dependent on N availability to the plant.
- It has been shown clearly the positive effect of potassium fertilization on cucumber yields.
- Potassium has a well-known effect of both enhancing plant resistance to pathogens and of reducing the impact of the infection.
- General information
- Growing cucumbers
- Plant nutrients functions
- Fertilization recommendations
- Haifa's fertilization recommendations
- Haifa specialty fertilizers
This guide joins our line of specific crop guides: Pepper, Tomato, Potato, Banana, Citrus, Rice, Olives and Strawberry.